I love my Hotwing (pics)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CarriBrown, Aug 2, 2007.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

He's almost five months now and starting to crow! Sure, he sounds like a dying calf... but I still love him. How could you not? [​IMG]
    He's my handsome boy. He doesn't love his kisses and hugs too much, but that's ok. I sweeten him up with a tomato afterwards!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    He sure is a pretty boy!

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Sweet boy. If I had my roo that close to my face he'd be eating my eyes for dinner, lil jerk.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] Well, you know I'm completely in love with Hotwing, LOL. He's a real beaut!

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG]

Maybe you need to eat him for dinner first?[​IMG]

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Well, Hotwing and his two ladies will be moving to their own quarters soon (and by "soon", I mean, "when I finally nag the DH into building another coop"). I'll have to send you some eggs!
    Hotwing is my baby... he's actually kind of a sissy. He just tried "loving" my bantam cochin, Tina, and she whooped his butt! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He just tried "loving" my bantam cochin, Tina, and she whooped his butt!

Well, he takes his chances fooling around with older women, LOL. He's just gorgeous, that boy. Maybe next spring, if I incubate some more chicks, or have some broodies, I'll take you up on that egg offer, Carri! Thanks. Give that hunky roo a smooch for me!​

8. Bubba

Bubba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    Where did you come up with the name Hotwings. I know you prolly already told the story but I missed it . That is an awesome name haha.

Bubba

9. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    oh i remember my roo... [​IMG] he was a birchen cochin bantam named penelope. he crowed though. so i had to give him up. (i got really mad at my neighbors who were complaining, because their kids made/make 100x more noise than he did!!) but he crowed at 2 1/2 months. that is strange that hotwing is only crowing until now?

10. NJfarmer

NJfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2007
    New Jersey and Maine
    He has nicely colored feathers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by