I love my husband!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Robin'sBrood, May 3, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    What a sweetheart I have. [​IMG] He spent almost his entire weekend working on my new chicken run. It's 40' x 16' and all that's left to do is to put the bird netting above it & install the chicken wire on the inside of the picket fence. Then, he'll make a wall inside our shed so we can set up their new coop. In a week or so, I'll be packing my chooks up for their big move! [​IMG]

This is my birthday gift and I couldn't be happier. [​IMG]

Pics to come tomorrow...

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  2. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

My husband went out and bought me a coop and the fencing materials without an argument. I can't wait to see what he has in mind for a trade [​IMG]

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    [​IMG] It might go a little something like that, LOL.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  5. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

I can handle that! I'm thinking payback is gonna be more like a Kubota

6. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    LOL I know what mine would want for a trade.... [​IMG]

Good job hubby!

I got mine to work on me another one today.

What I do is I just start whatever project I want done and he comes in and has all these 'suggestions' about what I need to be doing and he just jumps in and finishes it right up so perfectly [​IMG] LOL

7. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Last year he built my little chicken tractor so I was able to get my first chickens. I think my DH is just happy that I don't ask for expensive jewelry, clothes, CARS, etc. [​IMG]

8. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    I am still trying to convince the wife that chickens are a good thing!! I have built the run and now am working on the shed to coop conversion. She just shakes her head and goes back in the house and talks to herself.

I hope the chickens are not scared of her when I get them [​IMG]

9. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    You MUST get day old peepers so your wife can bond with them as little babies. But you also MUST do all of the dirty work. She needs to just be able to love on them and watch how cute they are. Until she's hooked and wants more, then she can do the dirty work... and will probably love every minute of it. [​IMG]

10. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Quote:LOL

Once you get them and she starts getting used to them, she will fall in love and be a chicken lover too [​IMG] **hopefully**surely**

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by