I love my husbandXD

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by turkeygirl, Jul 16, 2010.

1. turkeygirl

turkeygirl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2010
    So about a month ago a friend of mine had to give away a couple of chickens and some turkeys, and I gladly helped out;)
    I had raised chickens/geese ext. in the past but we didnt have any at the time.
    Well my husband was not very happy about our new additions...especially when I told him they were going to be pets (I dont eat any of my animals...ever) He hasnt bugged me about the turkeys because they are just babies but he has been so annoying about the chickens.
    Constantly saying "mmm chicken dinner" or "you would look good with some gravy and green beans"

The other day I caught him with one of the chickens on his lap...petting it!! [​IMG]
    When I walked out he quickly set it down, like he was guilty

So today I said "ok, lets do it"
    "what"
    "they are kind of a pain...lets butcher them"
    he was all...well I know you like them, its ok
    no no I said I dont mind...I dont need the extra mouths to feed anyways
    then it was great...he said, and I qoute "well since you really like them...I could help out, and I promise I will...ill even clean up after them, for you of course" HAHAHA
    He loves them, it was like a fourth grader pleading to keep his puppy [​IMG]

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Another "Sucker" for chickens born every minute! [​IMG]

3. dnenella

dnenella Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    [​IMG] that is so funny!!! My dad was the same way at first know when hes stressed out you see him hanging with the chickens. Its actually getting to the point that hes bringing new ones home to the point that we are gonna have to rehome a few.
    [​IMG]

4. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    My DH was the same way. Initially he said he didn't want any chickens. Then when I said they would help with ticks and bugs in general and we could fresh eggs, he said 'Ok, but NO roosters!' I was ok with that and ordered 6 each RIR and Buff O sexed chicks. Well, 11 of them were little pullets, but one RIR turned out to a roo. He hasn't started crowing yet but he is getting to be pretty good sized. One day while we were both outside with the chickens, I picked up the roo and said 'As long as you don't flog me or wake up DH with your crowing (DH works nights) I'll let you live.' DH said 'Oh, it will be alright, he wont wake me up.' I had to turn around to hide my grin, he is attached to them, too!

5. FoodKillah

FoodKillah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Mediterranean Sea
    That reminds me of myself.

Look at my nickname, i registered the first day i bought my chickens.

Today i told my wife "i will never butcher those hens, i will buy others to butcher"

I am not sure if i can butcher a chicken, they are full of love. Arent they?

They are so clever, i thought they were soulless living food, before i get them.

[​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Hook, line and stinker!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Cute! You sure got him!! [​IMG]

8. Dorte

Dorte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010