I LOVE my job

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    yes, the one that wasnt offered to me first. but then they called a month later and pretty much werent going to take no for an answer. I love the job. I love the people I work with. I love the guy I work for. I love that I have an office to myself.

I am THE E Commerce dept. I am THE only one that can do what I do. I am the decision maker on how things get done. And they listen to me when I have a suggestion. They trust me to handle things and make necessary changes. The rest of the week I am doing R&D stuff. [​IMG]

I work while my daughter is in school. I drop her off. I pick her up. they pay me well. They pay me to do what I love doing. Granted it isnt mucking horse stalls... but my body isnt keen on my doing that as a job anyway.
    I currently work 4 days a week. Probably not for much longer since I can see the work load picking up shortly. YAY!!! I get paid for the time I am there. If I am there early. I get paid for that time. I get paid~!!!!!!!!

Granted I am still finding and fixing things that the previous e commerce guy messed up. Big things! But heavens I havent been this happy or felt this ... complete in years. I can leave the house in the morning, dressed in jeans, t shirt and sneakers and that is my work wardrobe. What I have in my closet anyway. I can wear a hat. Inside. All day. And no one says Boo about it. Big thing for me. If I show up in boots and torn jeans no one will think anything of it. they may not recognize me,, but they wont think it strange.

I get to use my car knowledge. I get to be ME for 4 hours a day. Not someones mom. Or so and so's wife. No one has yet to call me Ma'am. Which I dont mind, but I dont miss it either. I dont have to deal with customers. via email, yes.. but that isnt a problem. I get to use everything I know and have done over the last 15/20 years.

I am happy. I am content. I love my job. I am so glad that I gave them a second chance and returned the phone call.

2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Well congratulations! [​IMG]

I think atmosphere can make or break a job. A positive one will most certainly get more work outta the workers.

I worked a job for 20 years that was like going to a dungeon most days. Management wasn't nice but some of the coworkers were good people, not all.

I'm now at a place that is very nice, I like going to work and that's as good as getting the paycheck every two weeks.

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good for you!!! Doncha love that feeling that tells you your brain did NOT drain out after all!!?!?!?!?!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am glad for you!!! I know you weren't sure about the job in the first place, but isn't it great to be somewhere you love??? I love my job too - office manager for the local transit authority. I have such a blast there and we ALL get along.

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] So Happy for you, congrats, it is not easy to find something job wise that we all really love..........have a great career, it is so comforting to realise that our brains are still there for us even after marriage, children and pets etc etc !!!! Well done you.

6. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    That is awesome! It feels good to be yourself, doesn't it!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by