I love my Khakis!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Carcajou, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    My six Khakis never cease to endear themselves to me. They have been putting themselves in their coop every night for quite some time now. Every night I watch for them to go in then go out to shut the door. I always say "Nite nite" to them as I step out the back door and start toward their coop. They have always "quackled" when I say that but the past two nights that have come back out as if to say "Nite nite" back then back in they go as I get to the gate of their enclosure. I think that is just another cute thing that ducks can do. Below is a picture of them on the pond this past weekend.

[​IMG]

2. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    That's a beautiful pond - made even more lovely by your ducks!!! I bet they are in heaven, having a place like that to live in. [​IMG]

3. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    Thanks 70% Cocoa, they do enjoy it. And I recognized your name from the Aussie BackyardPoultry forum. You were one of the first and a real helpful responder when I posted all over the web looking for a solution to a sick duckling back in July. So G'day and thanks again! She is alive and well and in the photo.

1 person likes this.
  4. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Oh hi!!! I knew I recognised your username :) Really glad to hear that your duckling is now doing really well - that's wonderful!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by