1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I love my neighbor!!!! Sorta long.....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cheapcheap_jeepjeep, Jun 3, 2008.

1. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    I really dont but I do love the the way she is so nice. [​IMG] She has lived in her home for about 30 yrs and my family and I only two yrs. She has the farm the chickens ducks pheasants horse goats and rabbits cats dogs ALL OF IT.....

Well last yr when we first got into having chickens she was there if I needed ANYTHING. This yr my 10 yr old daughter wanted to show chickens at the fair for 4 _H. My chickens were not showish types. WHen she went and ordered her new chickens she gave us 5 RIR babies. They are now a month old. Well the chicks will not be ready for the fair this yr so we were going to wait till next yr.

Then tonight she shows up asking me if my daughter would want to show a few silkies. and out of a box in her van she gives us 3 white (walking cotton balls) silkies that are 2 1/2 months old. I did not know what to do she will not take any money for any of the chicks. And to top it all off she is my hair dresser and does trhe kids for free at her home if I need it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  2. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    wish I had neighbors like that!!

3. serenitychristie

serenitychristie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Crescent, OK
    How lucky you are to have such a nice neighbor. You must be nice also for her to like you so much.

4. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Wow! Consider yourself very, very blessed to have a neighbor like that!

And those little chicks... oh my goodness, squeezable cute!! [​IMG]

5. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Thanks all I just want to cuddle them as I would my cats and they are so sweet.

6. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    You are very lucky.

7. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    What a great nieghbour. My neighbours are nice but only one gave me a chicken so far. It was the best rooster I've ever had but he was a cross. That is so nice.

8. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    is it a trio (rooster/2 hens) etc?. if so... I would give her half of whatever i Bred out of them,.

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    It's so nice to hear a GOOD story about neighbors! Let's hear more.

10. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    You have a great neighbor, nice silkies!

We have really good neighbors to, when they found out I got chickens she gave me all there old feeders her husband built. They whouldn't let me pay for the feeders.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by