I love my roo!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tala, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I have Mr Red, the RIR roo who can push the limits with me from time to time, but Im tough and I can handle him. I love him anyway [​IMG]

But the real reason that I love him is because he's such a gentleman with his ladies!!! He had to be banished to the bachelor pad for over a month for crowing offences.....
    And tonight I brought him 10 ladies back. Instead of going all rooster crazy (you know what I mean) and jumping all over the girls, he just called them over to the flock block and acted like a perfect gentleman! He's sooooo good with the girls!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] he's guaranteed a long life as far as I'm concerned!
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    I love roosters, too!
  3. Princess Poppycock

Princess Poppycock Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    My roo was a preditor victim. I miss him so much. [​IMG]
  4. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    My Dark Brahma boy, Darky, will always have a place in my flock following his savaging by a fox whilst trying to protect the girls. He survived severe rips on his back (stitched up by me) and numerous puncture wounds.

Darky is on the right.

5. 6Happiness

6Happiness Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Our Roo is my fav our of our small flock. He's not at all like our first roo, a silkie, many years ago (a silky who attacked my wife's feet and crowed at/about *everything* (You flushed the toilet, Cockadoodledoo!)).

Pasquale, our current Roo, crows a few times in the morning, and is usually silent the rest of the day. He is a good father to his sole offspring, Doodle; He gets all excited when we bring out treats (the pullets don't seem to care; whats wrong with them!) and He likes a good snuggle, and will pass out in our arms or on our laps while being 'scritched' (is that a word? scratched/petted/cuddled). He also chases his own tail. [​IMG]

And they say people look like their pets.... I coincidentally started sporting a mohawk since we got him [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:LOL about the mowhawk!!

That's another thing about Red, he would crow some in the morning and he does have a nice, lovely sounding LOUD crow, but he is relatively quiet for the rest of the day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by