I love my Roos!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by justusnak, Oct 15, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

This evening, I was outside...about dusk...when I saw the greatest thing. ( well, to us chicken lovers it was great) I saw my 2 roos....corral the ladies into the coop. It was still pretty light out, and a few of the hens wanted to chase bugs....One roo went out after them, chased them to the coop, the other stood at the door, and kept the other hens inside. The last few hens that wanted to stay out, was chased..and pecked...untill they ran in, and was greeted by the other roo with a swift peck...as they came in the door. I guess when the boys say...its bedtime...they mean it! LOL

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I just love watching animals at work like that. My big Buff Rock got all the girls and little Caesar into the roosting house today as it was cold and rainy here. They have been just laying on the ground in the corner. Way to go Gumbo. [​IMG]

3. ChickieDee

ChickieDee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    North Central PA
    I always love how my roo calls the girls over to food and then lets them have all of it. I've even seen him pick up a food item and put it down in front of them. They are amazing little guys.

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    only true chicken lovers can understand the awe and amazement of such antics.

5. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    My roo would starve before eating a treat. Everything goes to his girls. He likes it if I put the treat in his beak and then he'll put in right in the beak of the first girl that runs to him. So cute.

He doesn't put them to bed though. I wish I could see something like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by