I love my roosters! But..

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sparklechicken, Nov 13, 2011.

1. sparklechicken

sparklechicken Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2010
    Creston, Ca
    Last March I bought 6 chicks from mypetchicken.com, who quickly expanded into 10. I bought an eglu cube and I've been very pleased with it, as well. My husband and I have to move to Northern California for his job, and I'm trying to find the best way to rehome my roosters.

I have a very gentlemanly partridge silkie roo, and a polite white crested black polish LF roo.

They love each other, and are currently separated from the hens. I don't know if I can split them up. One evening a few weeks ago, we got an unexpected downpour and after an hour I thought "Oh no, I forget to bring the roosters in!" I found Hampton (the polish roo) under an oak tree, and he had his body completely covering Tiger Lily (silkie roo), to protect him from the weather. That is rooster love!

Does anyone have advice, aside from the usual craigslist ad? I don't know how to post anything about roosters to a good home on here, because the "for sale" section requires a price/auction.

Thanks in advance. I love these two boys and I want them to have a great home.

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    They sound so sweet. If I lived nearby I would be tempted to take them. I think I have notice a moderator say in this situation you can still post in the for sale section on BYC just list the price as $0. Post a really cute photo of them together if you can and include that story.

You may also want to post on the "where am I, where are you?" California thread. Go to this link to see the various CA threads: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=26

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I agree, post an ad on here. I would take them both. Don't tell my fiance that [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by