I love my son in law!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dixiedoodle, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    He knows me so well. He is a contractor--this afternoon he calls and asks me how much chainlink fencing I need/want?? Well, it seems there is a house that was purchased by a development company and they wanted the house torn down! Seems vandals had torn out the lights, heating, windows etc. but had left 1000+ ft of chain link fence.. some is 5', some 8' and some 12'. Had seven gates and two 6ft double sliding gates... I told him to bring all the fencing that he wanted to bring, I would appreciate it ... So, tonight at about dark here he comes in his big truck with all the fence, gates, lots of posts and some hardware. He said that the post were set in three ft. deep with cement--I told him not to worry about other posts! We have been using wooden treated 4x4's and 6x6's for the chicken run and we wouldn't need the metal ones, since they were a big pain to remove. HOOT HOOT, looks like more chicken runs!!! I just love him...Dixie

What's your best find/deal lately?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    That was nice of him.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    My best thing ever was three huge 30g fish/ reptile tanks (36lx18dx12h) when i used to breed african rats. It meant three new colonies that each made 60 babies a month. Each rat sold for 2-3$. good times. I could use 25 ft of 48 inch high fencing right now. And maybe a small gate.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sounds like you have a great SIL.

I have the best MIL on the planet.

She is so perfect she is almost Diety. Seriously.

I made the huge mistake once of asking DW why she couldn't be more like her mother.

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Oh no you di'int....!!

Nice job getting the chainlink fencing! That's a great deal (freeee!).

Best deal... hrm. I've been wanting a ceiling fan for my bedroom for a while now. I just found one on clearance at Lowe's for $25, down from $130.

6. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

free egg suplier for my hatching addiction ! and some aweeeeeeesome cochin eggs [​IMG]

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Tell him to call me when he has some more chainlink fenceing, Id be happy to take it off his hands. [​IMG]

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    ahhhh that is so nice...brightened my day...I love it when someone does something for you from the heart..... [​IMG]....he is a "Goodun"

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Oh and i just bought a christmas stocking that used to cost 15$ 90% reduced.

10. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:So are you saying you made a mistake...OR the mistake was you asked you wife why she couldn't be more like her mother... lol if Jason ever asked me a question like that...I would never have to worry/wonder about him every saying anything stupid again....(and I really like my mom)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just givin' ya a hard time Mahonri!!!

I haven't really come across any really great deals lately. Wish I had though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by