I LOVE OUR CHICKENS! And I know they think I'm really a rooster!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by goldeneggtees, Sep 19, 2009.

1. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Our pullets are around 5.5 months old now and I have to say they are the friendliest little "ladies"! Especially now that they are laying. I think they think I am their rooster (even if I'm female)… I give them food, warn them of danger, look out for them – basically everything a rooster might do, except give them babies. [​IMG] Poor gals, they have really been fooled. Attached is a pic of all the nice benefits they've afforded me as my girlfriends! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    They sure are good friends, I love the eggs too.
    My hens also think of me the same [​IMG] [​IMG]

Omran

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

My five girls are all babies now, but I hope that they will one day be wonderful, friendly hens. I love mine already, and am looking forward to the day when they will be sharing their lovely eggs with me as yours do you. [​IMG] Plus I love your egg basket!!

4. SOchick

SOchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Georgia
    Beautiful eggs! I love your egg basket! Where'd you get it?

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

What a beautiful bunch of eggs from your girls! They certainly do love you.
    And my silly girls do the same to me! [​IMG]

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    Nice eggs! Love the container...where did you get that??!?!?[​IMG]

7. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    The egg basket was from Peter Andrews, a store that carries all kinds of home goods here in New York. The woman who was chicken sitting for us while we were away got it at their annual tent sale. I tried to do a search on ebay and on google and came up empty. I'll see if I see any identifying marks underneath and get back to you all if so.

Thanks, glad you like it, I thought it was really cute of her to buy us a gift like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by