I LOVE our library's book sales!!!! UBER cool find brag!!! :)

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
They are just amazing!!!!
love.gif
Most of the books are not library discards but books that are donated to The Friends of The Library to help raise funds. Sooooooo, there are lots of really cool finds!

I took the kids after school. These only happen like twice a year with an occasional special sale (like Holiday or childrens) so we CAN'T miss them.

My 11 y/o got a very vintage copy of the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe (that he is guarding with his life), among a ton of other vintage and new books. My 9 y/o got a 109 y/o Oliver Wendell Holmes book, among other stuff. My poor 7 y/o found nothing. The children's book sale will be in June and he is just not up to the other stuff yet. I got several very old cook books, a few novels (horror and others) but my most awesome find this trip was an 1847 copy of Jane Eyre!!!!
th.gif
It is in beautiful condition. It feels and smells and is just wonderful!!! We only spent $34 and had almost more than we could carry.

I am going again in the morning with my Mother!!!!
smile.png

I thought they were, too.
smile.png
And they forgot to put a price in the Jane Eyre book so she looked it over and said "Hmmmmm....it isn't first edition, it is second edition, I would say $3"
th.gif
Yikes they don't know I would gladly pay more!!!!
smile.png
I have this horrible obsession with antique books. I could just touch them all day. I like to actually read them too. LOL

I'm really impressed that your 11 year old loves Poe. Wish I could have your kids in my class someday! I love all my kids, but especially the ones that have a true love of reading. They are the kids that are a challenge to teach and that make it fun for me!

You know, with all the trades that go on here, a book trade would be kinda a neat idea....come up with a list of people who would like to participate and each person sends the person below them on the list a surprise package of like 3 books....I'm sure most of us could find something we would part with...maybe....then again....lol

Actually, there is a book trade going on right now, I believe.
smile.png
I am (I almost hate to admit this) pretty much a book hoarder, however. LOL My whole family is.
smile.png
We plan to have a room designated as a library when we move in about a year.
smile.png

I have always pushed the boys to read.....but not in a way that made them hate it. I helped them find anything they liked and encouraged it. Didn't matter if it was a cereal box or the Sunday comics. It seems to have worked. My 11 y/o is a sucker for the Classics......he got the complete works of Shakespeare at the last sale (a year ago and one of the women remembered him from that). He is a Poe FREAK though.
smile.png
He was begging to read to me from it tonight but it was already well past bedtime.
smile.png

How awesome!!!!

i so love book sales!!!!! i swear if i was with you we would have been making 2 trips to the car taking books LOL!

Congrats on the awesome finds!!!
woot.gif

LOL.....thanks.
smile.png
Yeah, I was afraid we were going to have to make 2 trips anyway!!!!
smile.png
The boys always find so much they want!!!! Saturday all the books that are left are marked WAYYYYYYYY down. A lot are half price, but they have a HUGE room that is fill a large grocery bag for $3. They usually still have quite a bit of great stuff left so I am sure we will also go back Saturday!!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom