I love roosters... Am I strange?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bootsandbeaks, Mar 28, 2017.

1. bootsandbeaks

bootsandbeaks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2017
    Nevada
    [​IMG]I was closing up one of my coops tonight, when I stopped to look at my Black Copper Marans rooster. He was perched on the top roost in the center and directly over the chicken door. On one side a Golden Cuckoo Marans Pullet was nestled into his wing and on the other side was a Blue Copper Marans. I smiled, scratched his back and shut the door knowing that I was leaving the girls under his protection.

It's a strange evolution for me. When I got my first chicks, I remember looking at them daily and thinking, "please, please, please be a pullet". It broke my heart a little every time one of these girls started to crow. Right now, I have a chick in my brooder that I gently scoop up each day, stare at that comb, and think, "please grow up to crow". Lol... When did THAT happen!!!! [​IMG]

I love my girls, but the boys are just plain amazing. Granted, there are always a few frogs when you are looking for a prince, maybe it's that searching that makes the great ones so special. Any way, I thought I'd share a few pictures of some of my boys, just for fun. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    A handsome fella, for sure!

1 person likes this.
  4. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I don't think it's strange to appreciate roosters...looks like you have a couple of nice ones! Handsome guys and it sounds like they do their job well.

1 person likes this.
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I love roosters too, but where I live, I can't have them. Very handsome! Enjoy them all. [​IMG]

6. barred2rock

barred2rock Chillin' With My Peeps

I love their look, personality wise I can't say. I haven't been around chickens except for the three weeks I've had my chicks.

7. 10 acre woods

10 acre woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2017
    Roosters add flash of the flock! I keep some Red Quill American Gamefowl and BBR Phoenix, just because I like the looks of the roosters.

8. Woogerboogers

Woogerboogers Just Hatched

Jun 20, 2016
    I love roosters too! And can't wait until we can move and expand our flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by