I love that my one year old is the best person in my family at catching a chicken. Practice makes pe

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jenny1, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Jenny1

Jenny1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Look at the happy kids! I believe the leghorn is using fowl language, though. Lovely photos!

3. Those are the most precious photos. OMG... how CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so innocent..... (i mean the kids, not the chickens...) I agree, fowl language is definitly being spoken.....[​IMG]

4. Jenny1

Sep 22, 2008
    Popcorn (the leghorn) is the nicest one. Charlotte "catches" her about a hundred times a day, I dont know quite why she puts up with it but she does. The chickens easily outrun the kids (and me) so she definitely allows herself to be caught. These were our first pictures. Weve had the hens almost a month, but theyve been our secret....

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

The leghorn looks mighty vocal :lol: Adorable!

6. theoldchick

May 11, 2010
    Secret chickens? How does one keep chickens secret? [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Jenny1

Sep 22, 2008
    Well, not too sure whether the HOA allows them or not. Phoenix ordinances say we are supposed to ask permission of neighbors within 50 feet... not sure exactly what that means... I think its stupid. I would rather live next to a couple hens than a barking dog, or a dog that poops and never gets cleaned up after, or a cat that fights at night, or... a bengal tiger. Also, I sortof got made fun of before when I got chicks, but decided to not keep them (didnt work with our yard) so I really didnt tell anyone. The kids are telling anyone who asks if they have a pet that they have a bird. Its true.

8. cmedeiros17

cmedeiros17 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Awwwww - those are adorable pictures!!!

9. theoldchick

May 11, 2010
    Well, if anybody asks tell them they are Argentine Ground Parrots.

1 person likes this.
  10. Jenny1

Sep 22, 2008
    Thats terrific!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by