I love that people here care about all kinds of animals.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lengel, May 9, 2008.

1. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    I belong to several species specific boards and I'm tired of hearing about "dog" people or "cat" people or whatever. I'm so happy to have found this board. We have dogs and cats and chickens, a guinea hen and a lizard and that seems to be OK with everyone here. Nice.

2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    You will find half the people on this board are junior zoo keepers and the other half have been there or are heading there. This is a very diverse community in almost every way you can think of and we rarely try to kill each other!!!! [​IMG]

3. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    We have a small petting zoo here. Chickens,cockateils, parakeets, cats, dogs, horses, fish, turtle, rabbits, and I also like to claim the peacocks, gueinas, ducks, geese, and turkeys that vist most of the time from next door. lol

4. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I have almost everything here...I have goats, 3 different types, horses, cattle, chickens, turkeys, guinnies, ducks and even a bottle calf right now...the list goes on and I love all of them. I even milk my milk cow and goats too. Yep its a Great board and we try to help if need be...Welcome

5. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    well personally im just an old cattlemen.an ive had alot of dealings with cattle both dairy an beef cattle.know a lil bit bout horses an donkeys.know a good bit about chickens guinies an turkeys.an know a few things about sheep.but not that much.

6. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    I have realized the same thing here. On some boards I have found some people to be quite "obsessive" in their beliefs. Its nice to find a group that genuinely cares about the kind treatment of all animals.

This is one quote that I truly believe in.
    "You can judge the heart of a man, by the treatment of his animals" Emanual Kant.

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    My pets:

1 Leopard Gecko, Salvatore

1 Crazy Siamese Cat, Daisy

9 Chickens; Ophelia, Fatima, Lillith, Charlotte, Olympia, Rita, Brunhilde, Vanda, and Pheobe.

And WANTING A HORSE VERY BADLY!!!

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I agree with you completely! I started going to a dog breed forum, and a longtime member posted about her mixed breed dog and her guinea pig. People attacked her for it! I [​IMG] BYC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by