I love The Doors!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Zinnia-Hen, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    I don't know about you guys, but I think The Doors are awesome! Best band to ever live, too bad Jim Morrison is dead. [​IMG] It's sad how some of the best singers died so early...On that note, what do you guys think of them? Have a favorite album or song? Comments on 'em? Have the hots on a certain member? [​IMG]

2. Zinnia-Hen

Jan 29, 2011
    Anybody?

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm a fan.
    I really didn't find Morrison particularly attractive(sorry), but sure do like to hear him sing.
    I guess my favorite would be,"Love Her Madly" and I LOVED the movie.

4. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

People are Strange. Not a comment on you. [​IMG] I really like the song. Yes it's sad that Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin died too soon too.

5. Organics North

Organics North Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2009
    Wisconsin Northwoods
    Quote:No he is not dead.. They faked his death he is in South Africa..[​IMG]

Yes I too like the Doors. That whole Ara of bands was great.

ON

6. Zinnia-Hen

Jan 29, 2011

ON

He better have faked his death! [​IMG]

7. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    I have their Essential album in my changer, right now...Good music. Quintessential 60's, 70's...Memories are made of this stuff.

8. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:Hey Royd we agree on something. Great band.

People are strange was one of my favorites. Of course LA Woman, Riders on the Storm, Always wanted a brain like a toad. I've got most of their stuff on my Zune.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

ON

Oh, I thought him & Elvis ran a baitshop in Miami. Hmmmm.....who knew?

10. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    I had heard some of the Doors music while in high school in the early 1980's and they were good. When I got into college I met a guy who turned me into a HUGE fan of the DOORS!! I know nearly all of their albums by heart, have read several books about the band ( two I recommend: No One Here Gets Out Alive by D. Sugarman and Riders on the Storm by J. Densmore), seen a lot of documentaries, etc. What a groundbreaking group they were. Recently my brother turned me onto a website called "Live From Daryl's House" with Daryl Hall from Hall and Oates fame. He makes music at his home with past and current acts, and has an episode with ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger from The Doors! They play "The Crystal Ship', "People are Strange", and"Roadhouse Blues". Awesomeness!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by