I love the dump!!

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
My husband just came home from his Saturday morning run to the dump. I can't believe I ever used to complain that he usually comes home with more than drops off. We will be building a new coop soon and we're trying to do it from as much salvaged material as possible. This was today's score:
coopdoor.jpg

We can't get into our dump they have to monitor who goes in and out all the time. They even weigh your load to charge people...
sad.png

Arklady

That door has sooooooo many possibilities, lol!!!! Great find!!! I think LoneCowboy posted about her restore, there is a super one in my work area and a so so one here, thosea re also good cheap places to find cool things that can be recycled into something else!! There was a door made into a table in there one time with spindly legs from something else and painted really cool and it wasn't for sale for it would have been sooo gone, lol!! Yours would make a great table with pics and other cool stuff under glass in the holes, course ,maybe cut it in half...
smile.png

Last edited:
OMG lucky.

a few weeks ago my dad did a trash run and came home with a FULL CHICKEN WIRE ROLL WORTH A HUNDRED DOLLARS

the plastic that held it together wasnt even cut yet..

I see alot of perfect items when I go to the dump. Brand new lumber scrap in very usable lengths sometimes over 6 feet. Left over insulation in perfect shape. The list of things in very usable condition goes on and on. I could have practically built an energy efficient home from things I have seen at the dump. The trouble is my county run dump forbids removal of anything even though its going to the landfill. I thought the government was supposed to be looking for ways to reduce landfill use. They are not doing a very good job when they make stupid laws such as this.

Last edited:
Yep, it is amazing what some folks throw away. We have taken alot of great finds back home. The best was a new expensive gas grill with extra burner. The push button ignitor didn't work, so I took one off another grill there and I'm off with a nice almost brand new gas grill. I pick up alot of needed parts for different projects....free...

bigzio

Nice! Can't do that out here. Costs 89 bucks to drop off a ton (2000lbs) of "junk", with minimum entry fee being 21 bucks, into a large bin that compacts the material... Large... as in they have a bull dozer in there to move stuff around in the bin. They take license plates as you enter, with recyclable and compost going in a different area. House waste at stop one; yard waste at another; paper, metals, glass, batteries, oil, TV's, computers, light bulbs, and paint at another, and hazardous waste to another. We have to stick to craigslist here to get any goodies.

Back
Top Bottom