i love walmart b/c they sell chicken feed

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BellLisamo, Mar 29, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    SO I went to walmart to buy scratch and layer feed, low and behold they sell a bag from manna feed called trip-l-duty!
    It feeds pullets, layers, ducks and basically everything. Its a 50 pound bag. It new to my walmart ive never see it before

Anyone else buy this?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

You're so lucky! Our Walmarts' here don't sell any feed for chickens? [​IMG]

3. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    The local W-M has trouble keeping dog food in stock. They don't sell chicken supplies at all. [​IMG]

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    b.hromada :

You're so lucky! Our Walmarts' here don't sell any feed for chickens? [​IMG]

darn! im in arizona, and down here in tombstone or sierra vista or benson they sell it. But in mesa they dont. but mesa is the city.

a 50pd bag is around $14​

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:sounds about right.

6. walls0stone

walls0stone Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2008
    after talking to some friends about big stores, I found out that the stuff at WM or any other box store is not the same as the products made for smaller stores.

This year I'm just going to store up tons of pumpkins and Zuk and feed that all winter and Wall mart can find another client.

7. jonesgirl

jonesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    I buy the walmart stuff as a treat because it has big chunks af seed and corn in it... The chickens love it!!!

8. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Check the contents and where it's from. I've heard a lot of the pet and farm food at Walmart comes from China. Be careful.

9. jonesgirl

jonesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    oooh dang,, thanks for the heads up! I'll check next time I get some. I think we finished off the bag we had...[​IMG]

10. Chicken03

Chicken03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Western Pa
    Thats awesome that your walmart has poultry supplies. My walmart is terrible they don't have anything like that. There's a Tractor supply a couple miles from my house that has tons of chicken stuff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by