I love yall...and no I'm not drinkin

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I just wanted to say that yall are the nicest people I've ever known. I have not been drinkin at all tonight!!! It's crazy that I had to get chickens and find this site in order to find really nice sweet people that I can relate to. I just want to say thank you for all your help with my chickens and for being great internet friends. I hope to be able to get together with some of you! Maybe we can have a get together for chicken people one weekend. I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there. My DH is a Civil War reenacter and is always going to different states and when I get mad about he leaving he tells me that I need to make some friends and go places too. Maybe we can do something like that.

2. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    If your hubby comes to the large re-enactment at the Jeb Stuart birthplace (Ararat, VA) in October, you'll have to come with him and visit Mt Airy. It's only a few miles away.

3. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    [​IMG]

4. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Back at ya! [​IMG]

5. beameuplord

beameuplord Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2007
    Hi Mayberry Saint,

I am in Morganton. I am off this week and we were going to drive up to Mt. Airy today but my husband couldn't get the day off. I hope we can get up there soon.

I agree with the chick lover above. Chicken people are the nicest folks. The last forum I was a part of was awful. They couldn't stay away from the subjects that everyone has a strong opinion about...(ie. religion, politics) and some of them could be very nasty. I finally got a bellyful of that and said I wouldn't join another group, but this one seems to be different.

Everyone is very helpful and kind when I have a problem or a question.

TJ

6. eggcetra_farms

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    You know, I just wanted to add my two cents about chicken-loving people. I think the majority of us like and believe in the same things (outside of chickens). For example, I've noticed a lot of us that have chickens have gardens. I think most of us care about the environment and what we put in our bodies. It seems a lot of us would like to go back to the "good old days" when life wasn't so fast paced and complicated........ It just seems that we share a lot more than chickens. It is very nice to know so many great people who share the same passion for the things I do. Especially chickens!

Hugs for everyone! [​IMG]

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:That's exactly it!!! You just summed me up. I'm southern and I speak slow and I live life slower than most people and I love it that way. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that takes life less than as serious as other people do. I'm not on this earth to make a million. I'm here to live and love and that's it. I wish I was born in the "good ole days". Things were so much simpler then. The way they should be.

I really would like to met yall. I know wolfpacker is not more than 20 minutes from me. Send me an email. I'll check out your coop and you can check out mine. Did that sound weird? You know what I mean.

8. eggcetra_farms

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Well, if you're ever in Texas drop by and say hi! I'm in San Antonio so we get a lot of tourists. I have no idea why so many people get so excited about seeing the Alamo..... [​IMG] I know that there have been Chickenstocks in different states, but what about a National one? Has there been one? Hmmmm....... How could we arrange that? Who's in? Just the idea of it is so exciting!

9. Chickemee

Chickemee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:That's exactly it!!! You just summed me up. I'm southern and I speak slow and I live life slower than most people and I love it that way. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that takes life less than as serious as other people do. I'm not on this earth to make a million. I'm here to live and love and that's it. I wish I was born in the "good ole days". Things were so much simpler then. The way they should be.

I really would like to met yall. I know wolfpacker is not more than 20 minutes from me. Send me an email. I'll check out your coop and you can check out mine. Did that sound weird? You know what I mean.

Even though im only 13, I wish i could live in those simpler times too. It makes me happy to known some people wish the same thing. [​IMG]

10. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Trisha,
    I feel the same way you do and I HAVE been drinking!! [​IMG] (Just a couple of glasses of wine, guys! lol) I feel so privileged to be a part of a community who loves the same things I do, especially chickens and poultry. People around here just don't get it but YOU ALL do!!! I think a National get together would be awesome!!!! Somebody take the ball and RUN with it!!!!! Egg-cetra?
    What'cha say, hmmmmm??? [​IMG]

Ellen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by