1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I loved my good morning from my Colt! (he's my rooster)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Momma on a Mission, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Momma on a Mission

Momma on a Mission Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2011
    Seymour, IN
    I went out this morning to let the chickens out and give them their feed and Colt my rooster looked up at me......raised his head.....flapped his wings and COCK A DOODLE DOO'D at me. It was his first time and that is when all the ladies ran up to him and he puffed up like a macho man and had to sing 4 more times to his audience! [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Aww, what a guy....I love hearing a rooster crow!

3. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Awwwwwww.. so cute!! What a stud-muffin!

4. You know your country if you like the sound of a rooster crowing! Congrats! [​IMG]

5. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

awwww... I love hearing them crow! Even the little mixed mutty roo crowed the other day. He's got quite a voice. We need a crowing smiley here.... [​IMG]

6. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Quote:X 2!

7. dragonlair

dragonlair Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Maine
    I love hearing the boys crow, once they learn how. The practice crows that make them sound like they are dying is really awful. One of my boys sounds like he's saying "get me out of here" over and over.

8. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I have a baby monitor next to my bed. I love being woken up in the morning to my 3 rooster crowing. I could probably get rid of my alarm because I hear them at 5:15 every morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by