I"m getting my chicks on Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bangor777, May 5, 2008.

1. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Hi all,
    I posted about needing chicks and lo and behold a fellow byc member emailed me and is letting me share hers! Maine Chicken came through and I'm so thrilled and excited! I went to blue seal this morning and the brooder is all outfitted. I keep staring inside it as though chicks will magically appear. I can't wait 'till they arrive!
    I'll post pics when they're here. Thank you all for the advice you've already shared with me, I know I'll be back with tons of questions.
    Lori

2. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats I cant wait to see them. Mine will be here Friday from Local Feed store.

3. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    [​IMG] Glad it worked out for both of us. I knew when I placed my order I wasn't going to keep all the chicks, and I surely feel better about them going to someone here on BYC than just selling them in a local ad. If they came from BYC, then they want to learn and will do the best to take good care of them!

I could have sold more, though... Maybe next year I will plan to split an order with people here- that way people can get what they want.

*helping addicts get a fix*

Deanna

4. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    I'm excited for you! I think mine will get here Thursday or Friday from Ideal. I can't wait!

[​IMG]

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I can totally relate to the excitement on this thread!! My chicks come from Ideal this Friday!!! [​IMG]

Congrats to all of us... we've made it to the actual week they come!

Four more days, four more days....

6. stitch

stitch Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    !! My chicks come from Ideal this Friday!!!

Mine will be here from Ideal on thursday...What did u order from them?....I ordered Dark Brahma Bantams​

7. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Ideal hatchery is very busy this week! I wish you all the best of luck with you new chicks. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    stitch - I ordered fifteen chicks and five Guinea keets. I'm getting one dark Brahma (a Roo) and one buff Brahma hen, two Orps, two Black Sex-link, two Silkies (hoping at least one is a hen), two Ameraucanas, one silver laced and one golden laced Wyandotte, two Sussex and one Welsummer!!

How's that for a mix? They should all be pullets except the Brahma Roo I ordered and, of course, it's a guess with the Silkies.

I'd love to see pictures of your Brahma bantams. I ordered all Standards as we need the larger eggs.

9. TreeFever

TreeFever Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    MA
    Woo! mine come on wednesday too!

10. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    [​IMG]
    OK, i'm addicted before they even come! I raised chickens as a child, we had a coop and chickens my whole life. I remember candling eggs and staying up watching the incubator. Trips to the feed store for new birds (I can still remember their phone number all these years later). I just needed to wait until my life calmed down a bit (six kids, full time nights, you know how it is). Now I'm home full time, kids are all a bit bigger (my youngest is 6) and I'm ready.

Kids are all ready too. I have five farm hands to help me! (one's at college)

I'm so glad to have found this message board!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by