I"m Going Crazy!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hollymh, Feb 9, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    My eggs have been rolling around for the last 2 and 1/2 days and still have not pipped! I'm so tierd of being dissapointed everytime I go check on them [​IMG] They are dancing all over the incubator but aside of that, they have done nothing. I could have sworn I heard peeping yesterday, but it was outside chicks [​IMG] How much longer geezzz!!! lol I'm starting to think they will never hatch!!!

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    First of all [​IMG]

When are they due? And what do you have in the bator?

3. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:Thanks! They're mixed chicks; I'm not 100% on thier due date beucase I rescued them from a nest that had been crushed after our neighbors down the street moved an old parts Jeep, I estimated they were 8-10 days on the day of rescue, so that would put them at either put them at 20 or 22 days so they should be here lol This is my first hatch so I'm not really sure what to expect, but I know they generally only roll around for 48hrs before pipping, so I'm nervous that something is wrong! M entire family is so excited to see them hatch so we are all very anxious!

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    None of mine ever rolled around but I put them in egg cartons. LOL Don't forget the pictures. It seems like it takes forever. I'm on day 18 and I'm not eggcited at all. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And I have 14 - 3 week olds in a play pen. I have no idea where I'm going to put the new ones in. LOL

5. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:WOW! That's a lot of babies lol Good luck with your hatch, hopefully yours don't take their time like mine [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by