i m new at this all

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Arsalan, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Arsalan

Arsalan New Egg

Feb 27, 2015
    Hi
    Can u guys plz tell me something I mean I HV just got a golden coturnixquail pair 3 weeks ago and today the female laid an egg what should I do and what will happen next bc I don't hv any incubator for em

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Most Quail generally don't go broody so if you want chicks you will need an incubator. You don't have to do anything with your eggs. You can eat them, incubate them, give them away or pitch them out. :)

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined our BYC "flock".

I don't know anything about quail, but Two Crows does, so I'd definitely listen to her advice.[​IMG] You may want to check out the Quail forums and post there if you want more answers: Quail

Good luck with your quail!

4. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    X2.

Welcome to BYC! We're glad you joined. Feel free to ask any questions you may have! I'm sure you'll find answers here!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    Welcome! Here is a great link for Coturnix. I call it the holy grail for quail. The initial post has some great info, and you will find hundreds of comments with more useful information. Like 2Crows has stated, they won't sit on their eggs to hatch them like chickens do, but if you are like me, you can collect a few eggs, refrigerate them and have an omelet for breakfast. If you want to hatch out eggs, you will need to invest in an incubator. Here is a link for one of the sponsors for BYC that sells incubators, and every once in a while, they have a sale.
    James

6. Arsalan

Arsalan New Egg

Feb 27, 2015
    Thnx everyone but I just cannot get an incubator :/ I will just wait and watch if they do anything as my male quail the "male" quail is sitting on them *_*

7. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    :welcome

I agree with the above advice :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by