I made a Whizbang Plucker--Worked Great !!

Motel Chix

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 19, 2007
Central Indiana
After hearing everyone talk about the automatic pluckers I finally made a whizbang plucker from the Internet plans. I processed 25 Cornish cross and used it on 2 birds at a time 15-20 seconds and bald birds. I have never seen anything like it would never go back to plucking by hand. I will try to get a couple Pictures online.

4969_whizbang.jpg

4969_scalder.jpg

I don't suppose I could build one in two days, huh? We are butchering the rest of our meaties on Saturday.
But seriously if it isn't that expensive to build it sure would be nice to not have to pluck by hand.

I bought the plans, rubber fingers and feather plate from whizbangbooks.com It cost me about $250.00. I had the wood , paint, moter and electrical cords and switches. It took me a couple evenings after work and most of 1 weekend day. I am a contractor so I didn't follow plans exactly just for the main idea and layout. Works Great.
I may rent it out in Indiana. Nice piece of equipment to only use once or twice a year.

I plan on getting mine built for next year with the change to a hydraulic motor to run from the skid steer, and a ring of copper pipe in the top of the barrel to wash the feathers away. Great Idea of your going to be processing lots of birds. I have to try my bench model out first.
Well done, I bet your loving the reduced plucking time.

Back
Top Bottom