I made Bubbles a dog bed!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hooligan, Apr 8, 2008.

1. hooligan

hooligan Songster

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Yesterday I was feeling a bit creative and decided that instead of spending about $100 (with shipping) on an orthopedic bed for Bubbles I would make her one. She has HD so she needs a more comfy bed than her blankies so this is what I made:

The hot pink side.
    [​IMG]

And the black side.
    [​IMG]

Its a little over 4 ft long and 2 1/2 ft wide. It fits in her crate perfectly. It is also alittle over 6" thick. I used egg crates to make her a 'mattress'. She LOVES it and unless she is really interested in something she won't even get up...she just lays there all sprawled out on her new bed [​IMG]

2. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    That is awesome! I bet you people would pay you to make them some of those. That is really nice, good job.

3. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Very pretty . . . you used my favorite color combination [​IMG]
    What is it made out of? My grandmother has a rott mix that is getting up in years, and I was thinking this might make a good gift.

4. hooligan

hooligan Songster

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I used fleece. so it was REALLY easy. I also used a heavy duty trash bag to cover the egg crates inside, incase of any accidents but I am thinking one of the toddler mattress covers might be better. Will have to check on them at Walmart tonight.
    I also got a skull and crossbones rhinestone patch to put on but I couldn't find the stupid iron!
    BTW Bubbles is the dog in my avatar [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: