1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I made butter!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hazelton farms, Jun 27, 2008.

1. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Ok.. Just had to tell SOMEONE! Part of our new year! Get goats, milk them, have too much milk, make cheese, still have too much milk, clean off cream, let milk clabber to feed to chickens, make butter from cream! Scream to the world that you made butter! Oh happy day! What will I do when the cow comes into her milk?!?! YIPPEE!!

CHECK!

Stacy

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Very cool! enjoy that butter on some homemade bread or yeast rolls - MMMMMMMMMMMM!

3. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Oh how I wish I had a cow or a goat to make butter from!

4. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Bread machine is halfway through it's cycle now!! YUMMY!!! [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing my joy!!

Stacy

5. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Boy, Stacy that sounds good. Think you could ship some across the state?

6. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    LOL! Don't think it'd be butter by the time it got there! Come for a visit! LOL!!

Stacy

7. Serendipity

Serendipity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment. My hubby purchased a churn for me in preparation of our butter making - but we still are waiting on the goats to arrive! [​IMG] Thank you for sharing your excitement!

8. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    LOL! Don't think it'd be butter by the time it got there! Come for a visit! LOL!!

Hehe, I can see my husband's face now. "You're going where to eat butter and see chickens?" He'd probably call the guys with the white coats.​

9. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Quote:I put my cream in a quart jar and shook the HECK out of it, drained. Then added a touch of salt.

Well, we have peafowl and cows to look at too... will that get him to forgive you for wanting to visit? LOL!!

Stacy

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Oh I'm so jealous!!!...I was to get fresh cows milk to make butter and cottage cheese this summer and fall, went out and got a very nice butter churn and was so prepared!!...The cows milk deal fell through .... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by