I made hanging baby chick feeder/waterer

arenea74

Songster
8 Years
Feb 12, 2011
79703_img_0631.jpg

I wanted to buy hanging feeders but they are way too big for my babies and the brooder right now. I did this instead and I love them!

No leaking at all! I was prepared for it to leak so I was careful when filling the water. I had my DBF drill the smallest holes possible so the eye screws would hold the weight. The no leaking part is a bonus. I'm just glad to have them off the floor of the brooder and they're still a compact size. Thanks for liking them! I'm quite proud:weee

I wonder if that would work for ducks as well. When I had ducklings in the brooder they would go through their water in a couple of minutes because they would get their bedding in it and it would wick up onto the rest of the bedding. This would solve that problem. What a great idea. Did they have to learn to reach up to drink from there?

I have the feeder and waterer hanging at beak level and they instantly figured it:p

...and 4 hours later, the water is still clean and not turned over!

I have them hanging from a 2x2 placed across the top of the brooder (cage). I have some strong clamps holding the chains. It could be fancier but I am using whatever was laying around
wink.png

79703_2011-02-22_08-41-23_970.jpg

79703_2011-02-22_08-41-45_522.jpg

I like the clamps because it means no power tools and they're easily adjustable.
wink.png

I just love BYC! It's us chickie lovers helping each other. I also like the positive feedback since my friends think I've lost my mind
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom