I made my FIRST polymer clay EGG!!! PICS!!!!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by cjeanean, Nov 12, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I made one!!! I'm so proud of me!!! hubby says it looks like a 9th grade project, but I DON'T CARE!!!! It's not sanded or polished or anything, cause then it'd be hard taking a good pic of it....Let me know what you think!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

tell hubby [​IMG] lol. I think it's cute.

What did you use as your base? Or is it polymer thru and thru?

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I want to see it sandpapered and shined up. It looks great!!! Did it itake you long?

4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I'm so proud!!! It took a little while to get the roll thing together, cause I wasn't sure how I was gonna make a snowman like that....I'll get around to getting it shined up eventually, right now I'm just proud of it how it is!!! It's polymer clay wrapped around an egg, then the egg is blown out so it's hollow and lasts forever....

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I knew what you meant - I read and printed out all the instructions. I am just not sure that I can manage something like that. Daycare Mom reminded me today of a Knifty Knitter - goota get one.

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Very nice and Christmasy. You could put a red or green ribbon at the top and hang it as an ornament.

7. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I think you did a fantastic job!

8. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

That's gorgeous!

Tell hubby there are some very gifted 9th grade art students doing amazing work, so he didn't even diss you! [​IMG]

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Awww - that's so cute, it came out really great! I like the snowman's "face". [​IMG]

10. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    lol, the face got a bit crooked and lopsided as I cut slices off the roll....I think it still looks cute, though [​IMG] Thanks, everyone!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by