I may like things clean (Update)...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    ...and you may think I'm a bit over the top, but this just takes the cake!

I got paired with a random room mate for my summer internship. First she eats my food and makes a mess at night while sleepwalking. Then I find her eating my food during the day and going through my cabinets like it's her grocery store. Now I've noticed she's been throwing dirty (and stinky) toilet paper in the bathroom garbage bin! [​IMG] Honestly, I'm not even sure how'd you'd bring that up to someone. Thank god I will only be here with her another three weeks and I think I will just let it slide. I lock my room door, but I have a lot of kitchen stuff and food, and I'd hate to think she'd mess with any of it if she got mad about me saying something. Her throwing that stuff in the garbage can makes me wanna throw up though! Lysol has definitely been my best friend lately!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I would say something to her. I couldn't put up with that at all!!
    Set the trash can right next to her bad and maybe she will get the hint lol....

3. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I went and cleaned the bathroom today because she is not here for the weekend. I moved the garbage can to a little crevice between the shower and the sink. Hopefully she will be too lazy to move it and will just use the freakin' toilet for once!

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I don't know if your roommate is from another country, but that simply isn't that uncommon in many places. The plumbing can't handle the extra load in many countries, so a trash bin is used. I have friends with a remote cabin, they are allowed to flush human waste, but not any paper of any kind......

I was reading a biography of someone from India, maybe Gandhi, where the culture clash was snot. The British thought the farmer blow practiced in India was gross, the Indians thought blowing your nose on a handkerchief and putting it in your pocket was gross.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  5. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's what I've been reading, but she was born and raised in the US. Her dad is from Peru, but he's been here for 30 or more years. I think she should know better!

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Lock your food stuffs in bins in your room.....

I had a roomie once from Columbia. She had been raised with "house staff". She thought I should be willing to attend to those duties. NOT!

7. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

Lock your food stuffs in bins in your room.....

I had a roomie once from Columbia. She had been raised with "house staff". She thought I should be willing to attend to those duties. NOT!

Yeah, most everything is already in my room. The only things I have in the kitchen are cleaners and refrigerated stuff. I have a cooler in my room in case she goes after stuff and I have to hide it at night though.​

8. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    mom'sfolly :

I don't know if your roommate is from another country, but that simply isn't that uncommon in many places. The plumbing can't handle the extra load in many countries, so a trash bin is used. I have friends with a remote cabin, they are allowed to flush human waste, but not any paper of any kind......

I was reading a biography of someone from India, maybe Gandhi, where the culture clash was snot. The British thought the farmer blow practiced in India was gross, the Indians thought blowing your nose on a handkerchief and putting it in your pocket was gross.

I was thinking the same thing. I visited Costa Rica, and they did not put paper products down their toilets.​

9. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Even in American there are some systems that cannot handle paper products. Honestly though, she needs to be told that its okay to flush it. I would have a real problem dealing with a stranger's poo.

10. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:I'd have problems dealing with ANYBODY'S!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by