I met my Easter Egger in a bar in old SoHo where you drink champagne and it tastes just like Cherry

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ccmac, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ccmac

ccmac New Egg

Oct 7, 2012
    Now, I think my pullet "NeNe" is a "Lola"!

I am brank spanking new to raising chickens. I purchased three day-old female chicks from a commercial hatchery 5.5 weeks ago. I've been told by a friend that one is a male and possibly another. I can't have roosters in my town!

Suspect "Lola" on left:
    -[​IMG]

Suspect "Lola" on left, "Phaedra" on right and "Kim" in background:
    [​IMG]

Is this considered the tell-tale splotch of red on "Lola's" wing???
    [​IMG]

Do you think "Kim" will grow out of her awkward stage and lay lovely blue (?) eggs:
    [​IMG]

From left "Phaedra", "Kim" and suspect "Lola"
    [​IMG]

What about "Lola's" comb on left and "Kim's" on right? "Kim's" comb is already so bright!
    [​IMG]

Thanks so much for any expertise you can share with me. I need to be finding new homes for the rooster(s) if necessary and contracting another "Real Housewife" for "Phaedra"!

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    wait a few more weeks to be sure but I think your right about needing a new housewife

3. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    It is too early to worry

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

All three are pullets in my opinion and experience. They have the classic pullet pattern, and their combs are very discreet. I see no red patches on the wings, and my 4 week olds are getting them (the boys). ETA: That is not a red splotch :) That is an orange splotch. [​IMG] Here is my boy at that age with a girl in the background

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  5. Panth

Panth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    All 3 are pullets for certain...only females have that PATTERN on their feathers!

6. ccmac

ccmac New Egg

Oct 7, 2012
    excellent news! Thanks so much for the replies!

7. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    Cherry Cola. C.O.L.A. cola. *whew* needed to get that out of my system. all girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by