1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I might be a Cochin mamma!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Plucky Pullet, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Plucky Pullet

Plucky Pullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2010
    Cross your fingers for me folks I am off to go look at a pair of cochin pullets that are 6 months old. I am uber excited.

I have 1 chicken right now, I have heard that when it is dark I can slip new chickens into the coop with her and she should be none the wiser. Is this true? also what else should I watch for? Keep in mind I have true backyard chickens so i really do not have the space to separate them if the get rowdy with each other.

I will post pics if I get them :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    You should be fine! [​IMG]
    The chicken you have right now will probably boss the new ones around, don't worry this is normal!
    Hope you get them! [​IMG]

3. Plucky Pullet

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks for wishing me luck!
    [​IMG] I brought the 2 6mo pullets home with me YAY!! I will post pics tomorrow it's too dark to see them in all their glory. They are GORGEOUS didn't realize they were quite as big as they are.
    My DH got to see them when I got home and he says I brought home EMUS not chickens [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    What color are they? I LOVE Giant Cochins! [​IMG]

5. Plucky Pullet

Aug 18, 2010
    My new girls are black, with that green shine on their feathers. I can't wait to post their photos!! At 6 months these girls tower over Speckles who is about 4 months.

Speckles (my BR) is ticked with me [​IMG] If look could kill, I am getting constant stink eye from her.

I hope she forgives me soon, I miss my chickie cuddles!!!

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    ooooow! I Love BLACK COCHINS!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I love it! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by