I *might* be picking up a chicken from the Humane Society! added a pic

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mrsengeseth, Nov 13, 2008.

1. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I left a message today hopefully they won't charge an exorbitant fee for her. I want to go in and take a good look at her so I wanted to check if she was available still before i went in. The lady should be calling me soon.

Her name there is Jade, she appears to be red. Single comb. No age listed. Probably a RIR but I can't tell much from the pic they have of her.

Anyhow just thought I'd share. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

3. nicodemuschickenfan

nicodemuschickenfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    [​IMG] Very good. [​IMG] All my pets so far have been rescues and I must say they've each been wonderful. Good choice. I'm sure the chicken will appriciate it. Maybe lay double time for you. lol

4. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

Aww... I hope you get to have her!

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Hope it all works out for you. [​IMG]

6. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Interesting!

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Awesome. I hope it works out.

8. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

"might" - yeh right!

9. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    Our animal shelter here will not let us take the chickens that are dropped off there. I guess they think we are going to eat them or use the roosters for fighting. You would think a shelter would want to unload livestock and save on labor and feed.
    City spending at it's finest

10. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

they just have the one. I can't get anyone to tell me the adoption fee on her. So I might not get to bring her home if they can't get their info straight. I really really would like to bring her here because I worry for what she will face if a "not-so-great-intentioned" person gets ahold of her. I don't wanna see her go to the zoo down the road either (think...lions and tigers and bears...oh my). one lady said she believed her adoption fee to be 35 bucks. I told her that's wierd because for that we could buy a dozen of her, shipped to my door. Another person said she was wrong, way less but not sure what. And they won't take a guess and adopt her out for what seems the right fee. So we gotta wait till the supervisor returns a few phone calls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by