I miscounted !!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by zebserema, Jun 25, 2011.

1. zebserema

zebserema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    i was candling one of my silkie eggs today and when i shined the light through it i thought well thats weird all i could see was a big mass i looked at my calender and realized that i had miscounted and hatch is only a week away [​IMG]

2. MuskokaChick

MuskokaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Muskoka Region Ontario
    Ohh you gotta love that!!!

I am fearful of touching my eggs now...I candled day 10 (yesterday) and dropped one.... [​IMG]

I was surprised how far along the chick was for Day 10...it was laid June 10th, but I didn't incubate till June 14, but it was under the hen for a few days and I wondered if it was actually a bit further along because of that.

anxiously waiting till july 5th [​IMG]

3. zebserema

Jun 17, 2011
    keep me posted let me know how your hatch goes i just hope mine goes good [​IMG]

4. MuskokaChick

MuskokaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Muskoka Region Ontario
    Out of the 8 eggs in the incubator 5 were growing, now down to 4 (due to my mishap yesterday) 3 with nothing, but I will take them out on Day 14.

I just checked the hens and the hen that is not broody yet stole 3 eggs from the broody hen, which means she is not sitting on 10...and the other 3 are just getting cold *shrug* I think 13 is too many for her anyway.

*fingers crossed I get 3 for the kids and a woman about an hour from me is wanting 3) So hopefully I can get six out of 15 *shrug* lol

5. zebserema

Jun 17, 2011
    haha [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by