I miss all the old timers....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by orchidchick, Aug 9, 2008.

1. orchidchick

orchidchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    I don't know where they are, or if there is a rare "you have shared your knowledge and now you must go" to..what, another planet?? but hey,I admit, sometimes, the same questions get asked again and again, and they have been so so generous with their time and energy over and and over and over and........
    I am burnt out reading the stuff and its only been 5 months for me from start to finish, but thanks to the "old timers" I have taken home chicks from the feed store...I know now what to feed them, now what lights to put them under, now how to recognize most diseases, now when to call the vet, I have hens who are healthy who lay right next to their golf balls, they don't eat their eggs... .I have been spared a lot of heartache due to our old timers....and I want to give them a very big THANK YOU!!!!!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Ditto.

Hopefully they'll stick around for all of the new members that continue to join.

Thanks from me as well.

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Same here, it's only been about 6 months for me, and if it wasn't for the knowledgeable 'old timers' here I wouldn't have made it. Who knew there could be so much to learn about chickens???? I appreciate it greatly. I have healthy chickens who have managed to make it to laying age (which never seemed like it would come!) and now if I could just get them to lay in their nest boxes right next to the golf balls.....LOL!!! Thanks, everyone, for helping us all out!!!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Been on the old BYC for a long time before this one opened. I sure do miss all the old folks over there and they sometimes drop in.......Kent in Wash, Beeeman and Auntie Ron are the few I missed dearly.

We sure do love to have them in here for the sakes of newbies coming in here!

5. WVDan

WVDan Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2008
    I'm very new to this forum and I am one of those who asks questions the answers to which must seem obvious to you now. I could read all the posts on the index and probably become an expert, but a person who has a new passion needs the interaction of other people who share that passion. You remember the exhileration of getting on this forum when you were new and having people react to your excitement. You say all those people are gone now. Maybe you will become an "old timer" to someone like myself. I'm having a little trouble relating to the chat room. Sometimes I wonder if there is anybody over 12 on there. (I'm not saying this to be snide) I seldom find a thread that I can get in on that means anything to me. So, I'd say you have had a wonderful experience and I hope that I get to that point. Maybe when I have my coop finished and I get my peeps I'll feel more like I belong. Thanks for sharing your feelings. I thought it was nice.

6. CHICKEN little 1

CHICKEN little 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    W.V.
    [​IMG] Just wanted to say Hi to a fellow West Virginian. Make yourself at home.This is a great place!

7. franko

franko Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    Hunt, Tx
    Not only do I get and try to give good avise but it's good intertainment and relaxing to get on here and read the good info that this site has to offer. A few good people still left in this world.

8. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    I also am a older BYC member from the other board - and I miss a lot of them too! I have seen quite a few old members here too - but not everyone.

9. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Quote:Hey, WVDan! Welcome to the BYC and to the hillbilly neighborhood! What part of WV? [​IMG]

10. curliet

curliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    west Michigan
    Thanks for this reminder of how much the regulars and old timers from this board have helped thiose of us who aer new to this forum. I have only been here since April, and have learned more than I can say. Thank you "old Timers" for all your help! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by