I Miss My Babies!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickieDee, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ChickieDee

ChickieDee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    North Central PA
    Well here I am in beautiful mid-coast Maine at my favorite rental house right on the water for three weeks. Why is it all I can think about is my babies at home? I had to leave my 3 day old 3 RIR, 4 Barred Rocks and 4 Americanas. They are so cute I can't stand it and I won't be there to love them and squeze them and kiss them and hug them. I'm never up this early but couldn't sleep from worry. My Dad is feeding them but he won't love-em-up. I asked the neighbor girl to visit them but I don't know if she will. I had to get on here to get my chiken fix so I don't have withdrawal. I guess I'll just have to try and enjoy this beautiful place.
    Dee

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, Dee....Thats hard to leave them, and for 3 weeks!! Jeesh! They wil have grown so much by the time you get home. All feathered in...but just think...how pretty they are going to be when you get home. Im sure your Dad is taking great care of them. You will just have to look at other babies on here to get your "chicken fix" LOL
    Enjoy your vacation!!

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    My eggs should be hatching this week anytime [​IMG] and my new baby banties are coming Friday.
    But i will be going camping for a few days, a week later......just a few days.......but i can imagine how you must feel because i cant stand the thought of leaving. I been thinking about it for a week already. I am soo glad it is not 3 weeks.......that makes me realize i am lucky. If you can come on here [​IMG] , you should have had one of them send you pictures every few days to see them changing.

4. ChickenLittleMom

ChickenLittleMom New Egg

Jul 1, 2007
    Hi Lurky,

Just wanted to tell you that I thought your pic was really hysterically funny! [​IMG][​IMG]

I did not get to go camping on Nantucket a couple of weekends ago because I wanted to stay home and take care of my new hatchlings - the first week or so is so delicate... but I'm looking forward to camping soon after their new coop is built.

ChickenLittleMom

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by