I miss my chickens!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by awesomefowl, Aug 15, 2010.

1. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

I'm away for the next two days and my poor girls are cooped up the whole time. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    poor chickens!

2. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    Then, they are probably missing you, too... Should have taken a picture w/ you... Hope it passes fast..

3. SilkiesAndSuch

SilkiesAndSuch Silkie Daddy

Jan 27, 2010
    Mayo
    I feel for you. I hated it when I went on vacation without my birds....I just knew something was going to get in and kill them all, or their water would stop working, etc....We were within driving distance this year though, so I was able to go and check on them every day at first and then every other day. First thing I did when I got home was go out to the coop before I even went inside my house lol.
    [​IMG]

Good luck with your birds and my they be very happy to see you when you return [​IMG]

4. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

thanks everybody.
    BYC people are very nice!!!!
    [​IMG]

my poor little silkies are stuck inside a box in the house!

I wish I had taken a recent pic of my girls. Maybe they'll lay me an FIRST EGG! I'm going to feed them some hen ration so they can.......

AS SOON AS I GET HOME TOMORROW!

adios!

5. FrizzlesRule

FrizzlesRule Songster

Dec 22, 2009
    Quote:If I can't take my birds or atleast some of them, than I don't go. That's one of the reason I have mostly bantams. Most of the time, you can take some of them with you. If I do go somewhere, I like to take atleast four. Can't be gone long, don't really trust or have anyone reliable to care for my birds the way I do.

6. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Very cute Silkies. You will be home before you know it, and they will be happy to see you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by