I miss my eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by d_rooster, Dec 28, 2007.

1. d_rooster

d_rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    North Augusta, SC
    I'm away from home for the next couple of days, but today was Day 18 for my Salmon Favorelles (SF) eggs. I transferred the SF eggs from the Hovabator (still has Welsummer and OEGB eggs) to my Little Giant incubator for hatching. I will return on Day 20 (Sunday) and I just hope none start hatching early before I get home. I wouldn't have consciously chosen to be away this late in the incubation, but I didn't take into account a prior committment when I first set the eggs or I might have waited a day before starting the eggs.

Anyway, I started with 14 SF eggs and had 11 that developed which I moved to the hatcher today. The ones I candled today all had little kicking chicks inside. I also had two of my very own little OEGB hen's eggs that I moved to the hatcher. They were kicking like crazy, too. The OEGBs are going to be so tiny. A bad pun, but they seem light as a feather. [​IMG] I can't wait to get back to my eggs on Sunday. I want to see them go from pip to hatch.

2. Tsk..tsk... I can't believe what an irresponsible incubator you are. You leave your eggs just when they need you most, lol.

Best of luck with the hatch!
    Lisa

3. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    wow and I thought I was crazy!
    LOL LOL [​IMG]

Wait a minute....
    I think I am over egg crazy!

Do not worry I am sure you eggs will be just fine.
    At least you will be arriving on day 20!

Go chickies go!
    [​IMG]

4. d_rooster

Mar 19, 2007
    North Augusta, SC
    Tsagirl,
    You might have fooled yourself into thinking that you are over "egg crazy", but it's only a temporary self delusion. [​IMG] Once you're infected, you never really get over chicken crazy or egg crazy.

5. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    [​IMG]

Its too true!
    AKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
    DH wont know what to do with me....I can tell this will be a infection that does not go away.

I am spossed to be worried but ....NOt!...

[​IMG]

6. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    hey at least that is 2 days you willnoy be straining your eyes staring into the incubator praying for movement. I will be setting my eggs in the morning and I have plans to fill my calendar up with to do things and long drives on days 18 to 20 so I do not stress out. Ok I say this and I will be at home watching while I should be getting other things done. Like today I should have been home cooking but I went on errands and visiting with my husband we left the kids with sister and took off for 10 hours. We have the BIG (35 people) chriastmas tomorrow and I am waiting on the turkey and cranberry pies to get finished before I get done then will be up at 4:30 to finish before 7:00 then the 1 1/2 hour drive this is always so stressful this year my favorite uncle and his family are coming from Washington DC and I may have to stike up a NAIS talk with him he grew up on a working farm and now works in the goverment so we shall see may be fairly interesting. The after presents and meal we have the family meeting which I have to be the bad person at but hey I can always leave if it gets too crusty [​IMG] I love about 1/2 of these people and the rest if they were not family I would never be around them if someone paid me, they could not pay me enough. well I better go help my hubbie finish wrapping presents lol.

Kasi

7. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    THAT WOULD BE DRIVING ME TOTALLY NUTS...

8. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    You may be on the right track. If you are real busy where you are, there will be lots less stressing and wearing out the carpet on the way to your incubator. I hope it all goes well. I will be anxious to hear on Sunday when you get home.

9. d_rooster

Mar 19, 2007
    North Augusta, SC
    Well, I must come clean. My being away isn't exactly torture. I'm at the beach through Sunday and it was about 75 degrees here today. I went for a morning beach walk to watch the sunrise. A sea gull took a shine to me and I must be the sea gull whisper as this little guy walked along the beach beside me for a good ten minutes. My wife said the gull must have heard about me, the crazy chicken man, from some other birds. While enjoying the sunrise view I turned and looked toward land only to see a large rainbow. It's as if someone said, "Cue the sea gull, now the sunrise, now a rainbow for the grand finale".

We came to the beach to do Christmas with wife's family. Now that the eating and gift exchange are over, I'm marking time until I can drive home and check on my eggs. Hopefully, I will sleep much of the remaining hours until I head home tomorrow. However, I hope to enjoy another morning beach walk production, if the weather cooperates.

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Poor Donald, he's at the beach, and his little ones are zipping out, wandering around cheeping "Daddy , where are you! It's so dark in here, I'm so lonely, Daddy, would you please come home???!?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by