I miss my eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mommissan, Nov 29, 2011.

1. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    One month of store bought eggs. *sigh* My girls were dewormed and sevin dusted- no eggs until mid December. Such a bummer! [​IMG] Anyone else withholding eggs?

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I already wormed mine, but I'm happy to be getting roughly 3 eggs a day. I'm certainly looking forward to my girls starting up again post molt!

3. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Oh yes, one of mine is going through a molt and one has never laid and one quit laying since the time change. It's been about 3 wks and no eggs. I'm not adding extra light b/c I wanted to let nature take it's course. I only have 3 hens. I really miss those delicious eggs. I thought I would at least get 2 eggs a week.[​IMG]

4. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

After having all my Fayoumis have seizures and go into comas as a result of ivermectin, I'm never worming again, unless I actually know I have worms. I'm back to the all organic methods that served me for 25 years before I started visiting BYC. I don't even know why I wormed the flock, except I wanted to get it done before everyone started to lay and everyone on here seemed to do it on a regular basis. I had a tiny mite infestation and I'm kicking myself for not just using the dust instead of doing the all-in one method of worming with ivermectin.
    At least I didn't lose anyone but it was touch and go for many days.

5. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    tracydr- that is so scarey. I hadn't heard that you had issues. I am sorry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by