I miss seeing the most recent post on the homepage

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by goldeneggtees, Jan 23, 2012.

1. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Hi, I really miss seeing the most recent posts at the forefront of the homepage. I would check it every so often and that is what kept me connected to the site. Any plans to change it back or put it somewhere less inconspicuous?

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    It's there still. You have to scroll down past the carousel and you'll see the Recent Backyard Chickens Activity, and you can unclick the things you don't want to have on that list. I have mine set to only the forums. Another thing to keep in mind is the box that says "Subscriptions Only." If that box is checked, you will only see the things you're subscribed to.
    [​IMG]

Also, I believe all members can turn off the carousel if they don't want to see it or if their internet connection is slow. You go to your profile, Edit Account Details and scroll down to Site Preferences.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    It's all the way at the bottom now, right? I just liked seeing them at the top of the homepage. I don't see the scrolling pics with links as being as useful. Just sayin.

4. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    BTW, thanks for the info and your response. I will work on changing what I see in my browser.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by