I missed my baby birdies so much!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, May 17, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

The family all went to Idaho this weekend and i was SO stressing about leaving my babies in someone elses care for 2 days!

We got back last night and thankfully everyone was fine and my little goosey boy, Owen, was as snuggly as ever [​IMG]..i was a little worried he would forget me and be a little brat when i got back..he plopped right down in my hand and snuggled up under my neck right away..he's so cute [​IMG]

My mule & chicken eggs in the incubator got really dry while i was gone but thankfully all the duck eggs are just fine(i thought for sure they'd all be dead since theyre muscovy!!)..strangely enough i think the chicken eggs might have died from getting so dry, usually they're a lot affected by change. at least there was only about 5, but i am still leaving them in a few days to make sure.

i'm so happy to be home, i missed my babies so much!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I cant standleaving my babies for more than the weekend - and thats only if my family is watching them for me!

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I am only at work 8 hours a day...And I miss them all so much then...I could never go away for a weekend without them. Lucky for me I can even drive home on my lunch breaks for a quick visit to check on them.

I have promised my Mother i will travel interstate to visit her soon...But it keeps getting put off as I dont want to leave them.

4. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i was wondering where you were!!! did you see my new babies??? they are leaving today [​IMG] your gosling sounds soooo cute!!!!! i hate leaving my babies too. i miss them soo much when i'm gone and stress cuz i don't have anyone to take care of them, i just have to leave them enough supplies and have someone check on them. people are scared of duckie. idk why he's the sweetest drake [​IMG]

i keep telling ducky to come see me too but she hasn't [​IMG] hahaha i'm kidding [​IMG] it would be an expensive trip [​IMG]

5. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Bleenie,
    Did you happen to go to the BSU commencement?! Just wondering, cause I left town this last weekend to go to Idaho too! [​IMG] I also missed my babies although it was only for 3 days...they are only 4 wks old now and I can't believe how different they looked when I got back. They look so pretty and feathered...well getting feathered. But my have those little 'chicken' wings grown into some proper size wings now![​IMG] Anyway, bet your babies are happy to see you too!

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

We went to Idaho to visit my Father's Fiance', she took a job over there a while back(director of an ER). We visited her and went to the car show that was going on, saw the parade, went to some flea markets and stopped to fish at a few lakes..we didn't catch anything but we had a good time anyway [​IMG]

My fat little Owen seems liek he's gained a pound while i was gone! fatso is growing too fast [​IMG]. I was going to take some new pcitures of my older ducklings, they're really starting to feather in now and the Blue Fawns look so pretty! (even in their ugly stage, LOL). When my Father saw them he asked me "why is that big ones wings all bald, are they pecking him??" and i had to tell him "No, they're just going through the Uglies" [​IMG]

lovesduckies, I DID see them..CUTE!!!! the blues look so adorable, it's too bad you have to rehome them so soon..i always have a hard time with that!

7. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:they are gone now [​IMG] my lone little duckling is crying [​IMG] poor baby. it seems to be liking me a bit more now though.. still kinda scared of me [​IMG] i kept a blue one

8. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Quote:[​IMG]

I have to ask...what age do you all consider the "uglies"... I thought mine would be going thru it now, but I have to say I think they are looking prettier each day...well, the cayugas are looking a bit tattered but it's cause you can't really tell the difference btw black fuzz and black feathers. I can only imagine them getting prettier as they get more in...but does it get worse before it gets better?[​IMG]

So glad to hear you had a good time, so did I but didn't do anything other than go to LONG BSU commencement ceremony and then 'gossip' with my sis. [​IMG]

9. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

little bald wings & random patches of feathers is what i would consider "the uglies"...lol

here's one of the boogers for example..
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by