I missed the exotic animal auction. :(

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by thndrdancr, Oct 1, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, we had to go up to our cabin (trailer) on the Missouri River to get it ready for winter, etc. Its five hours away so we dont get up there much anymore. (yea, been trying to sell it, but I DO love it up there.)

Twice a year, (of course I am never up there at that time) they have an exotic animal auction. Well we get there, and spend the weekend there, and on the way out of town, late Sunday afternoon,I go into the local gas station to fill up, and find the poster that the auction had been that day. [​IMG] [​IMG] I have been wanting to go so bad, apparently its one of the best exotic poultry auctions in Nebraska even tho its small town, and just thought it would be fun. [​IMG]

Instead I set lines, got totally skunked, lost a $50 throw net, got poured on and totally drenched.

I coulda been inside on Sunday and looking at CHICKENS, DUCKS, TURKEYS, PEACOCKS, goats, oh my! [​IMG]
    Jill

PS:Not only that, but I am stomping mad, been paying someone this summer to mow it, $25 a pop! And they have made all kinds of holes in the trailer skirting! We are PAYING them and they dont have enough sense to mow AWAY from the skirting? They do a lot of lawns, so I am just galled! Its riddled full of holes, pretty much ruined.

I need a hug!

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope that was some help!

Dawn

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  3. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Oh thats not nice! [​IMG] :aww

What town is that auction in? I haven't heard of it - but sounds really cool!

4. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thanks Dawn and Chelly.

Chelly, the auction is is Bloomfield, Nebraska. Even when I do all kinds of searches, I have a very difficult time finding that, is why I didnt go to the time to look it up before I left home. [​IMG]

I had found it for the spring and they had an awesome sale bill listing. Bloomfield is up by Niobrara. Thats across the river from the South Dakota border, its absolutely stunning country, just gorgeous. Makes my heart flutter. I had had designs on going to live up there someday, but dear hubby thinks its too far from anywhere (and it is, but that doesnt bother ME). He tells me people RUN from that kind of area (isolated). sigh...
    Actually I think the Missouri River Valley is pretty all through the U.S.
    But that cabin, I cried and cried this last time, I loved sitting drinking coffee and watching all the deer and turkey every morning. Hubby loves to fish and hunt, so not sure why he is not in love with the area, but it feels like "home" to me in my soul.
    Market is so depressed right now tho, people arent buying "cabins". [​IMG] Especially if one doesnt own the land. (Also our big gripe).

Its called Harm and Tullys Event Center in Bloomfield.
    Chelly, where do you live, is it anywhere near Sydney?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

[​IMG]
    Dontja just hate that...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by