i must be doing something right--or just lucky

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by old geezer, May 7, 2011.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]...i'am doing something right -[​IMG]-chickens love me-[​IMG]-or i,am just lucky-[​IMG][​IMG]....--5 weeks after buttercup my buff orp hatched her chick,,,suzy my speckled sussex has now gone broody ..[​IMG]..this is one day after i super cleaned the coop and put real nice fluffy new nesting straw in the egg boxes,,,tomorrow i will get a few fertlizer eggs from this guy who has 1 rooster and 4 hens---the odds should be better than the last hatching--one thing though , i will have to let suzy stay in the main hen house as i have no more x-tra runs , dog kennels or such for another broody---do you think this will be ok for suzy - or do i have to go on another building spree----[​IMG].[​IMG]:jumpy.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].

2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    make sure to mark the eggs as the other girls will want to help her stock up. [​IMG]

3. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    good advise--i never thought of that--thanks

4. hoping4better

hoping4better Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:X2

Mine just went broody the other day and she gets greedy with every egg she sees that's been laid!

5. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    [​IMG]

Broodies can be so funny. All they think about is hatching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by