I MUST be obsessed! (Pictures of my fish added!)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was at petsmart today hoping to pick up a filter for a five gallon tank to upgrade from a 1.5 gallon for one of my bettas. Well, of course I went to look at tanks and they were having a big old sale. I found a ten gallon tank with the hood for $20. Then I went around and found a little skull decoration and some black stone....which also happened to be on sale. I did buy a filter too, but it was cracked so I have to return it tomorrow.

Anyways, I cleaned out my 2.5 gallon and 1.5 gallon and put one betta in the ten and the other in a five that I lent from my room mate. The ten gallon tank is HUGE! I haven't yet decided if I'm going to keep the betta in it or let it cycle for a few weeks and put some mollies in it. I figure I can set up the 2.5 gallon again for the betta. My room mate also got ahold of a bunch of live plants and now I'm starting my own little aquasculpting project too. I've got alodea (Sp?) and Java Fern. Looks much better than plastic plants!

I will take a picture of the tanks! I promise! I'm going to upload my pictures of the fish right now.

ETA (really bad photos, but I was having trouble taking them through the glass):

Red and black crowntail
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snail:
    [​IMG]

Blue veil tail (although it looks like a crown tail/veil tail cross)
    [​IMG]

Old Tank
    [​IMG]

New tanks on my desk:
    [​IMG]

The five gallon
    [​IMG]

Ten gallon:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    what are the little lines on the new big tank? i want a fish to look at while im on the computer. [​IMG]

3. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I believe the lines of bubbles are where Lauren filled the tank, haha. Each line represents the level that the water was at as she filled it. Gorgeous fish, Lauren! I love the new set ups.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm not really sure what those lines are on the big tank. Looks like they are just bubbles, but I'm assuming it only happened because the tank is brand new. I washed it out, but it's probably from the way the tank was made.

Hopefully by tomorrow the bubbles will go away. Once I put the filter in, it should be nice and clear.

ETA: That's probably it! I filled it very slowly because I only had a small container to use! [​IMG]

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    ETA: That's probably it! I filled it very slowly because I only had a small container to use!

Hahaha, I'd be that is it! Happens to me when I dont use the hose!​

6. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Really nice setup!!! The fish look so beautiful and healthy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by