I must have this bird!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tacampbell1973, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Tacampbell1973

Tacampbell1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2013
    Washington State
    Hello Neighbors![​IMG]

I was at the feed store here today and saw this lovely bird on a package of dust bathing powder....The only crested chickens i know of are Houdan, Polish and Sultan. Sure dont think thisis any of those, but would very much like help Identifying this cool cat...i mean bird. I lost my baby Angel, Splash Polish Crested this last summer and life has not been right since. I have her sons, but they are so conceited they dont want to be babied and held like i did with her. can anyone identify please?and Man what a looker! Any help is much appreciated. thank you in advance.

2. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    Im pretty sure that is a polish rooster due to the crest and the large nostrils.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  3. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

x2, the bird pictured is a Golden Laced Polish rooster.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The bird on the picture is definitely a Golden Laced Polish. I used to raise them and they were delightful birds. :eek:)

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like a Golden Laced Polish rooster to me.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Golden Laced Polish.

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think the reason this bird looks so different than your hen did is simply the difference in genders. Polish hens have more subdued top hats, it's all one length and more rounded. The roosters have these spiky, crazy 'do.

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Agreed.

9. Tacampbell1973

Tacampbell1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2013
    Washington State
    Thanks everyone! Wow I had no idea I would get so much help! That is awesome. I learn something new every time i post. I understand totally about the gender differences. My Angel had a sort of helmet of all one length. Her two sons, Panda and Elvis seem to have a swept back bouffant style do. they are still young though. about 9 months now i guess. Ok so they are older than i thought. but still babies to me.[​IMG] But what conceited buttheads compared to their mama. She loved to be carried. Elvis hates to be touched but always watches me with bright glistening black eyes, and Panda actually would scream "NOOO NOOO" when i pick him up. Sounded like a small child getting spanked or somthing. made me feel horrible. Anywhoo thanks again everyone!
    This was my Angel. Battery hen turned Love Bug! and lover of bugs and mud.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Her son Elvis
    [​IMG]

Other Son Panda
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by