i must not be the only one that....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, Jul 19, 2010.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    i must not be the only one that avoids city's like they have the plague??? am please tell me i am not [​IMG] i don't even now how to get on one of them fancy moving stairs [​IMG] i have been on one of them maybe once in my life.... i do not like them fancy moving stairs

2. thefishery

thefishery Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I do too. I know how to get on those 'fancy stairs'. I have been in the city but choose not to go back.

3. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    ohh, we just got a home depo last year... They have those auto check out thingys.... i stay away from them unless there is a line... i like normal stuff, you know when people walked up stairs to get to the next floor...

My name is Call ducks, i am a city phobic

4. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    OH how i refuse to go to the big cities, HATE THEM HATE THEM HATEEEEEEE THEMMMMMMM

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    The "big city" can be bittersweet. I can't stand the traffic, but I love the convenience. And I miss the food!!!! [​IMG]

Why is it that I live in the country and I have to drive to the city to get fresh produce? (the stuff I don't grow, that is)

I envy you Call Ducks- I'd LOVE to be in Canada- especially in the summer!

6. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:will you wont be getting rid of the heat, 30-32 + the humdix, makes it seem like it is in the 40's

i did not know what a "starbucks" was until last year... [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I am country through and through. Periodically I get dragged to cities (just spent some time in Rome), but am never comfortable until I get home. In the name of love I let the Princess drag me out of my comfort zone every now and then. I can handle those fancy moving stairs, but I'm really uncomfortable with subways. I am a wierdo magnet, and you can count on the fact that one will approach me. My wife says it's because I make eye contact with people. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Polite doesn't work in the city. Trees, hills, plants, animals-those are the things that work for me.

8. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:yup

9. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    moving stairs...heck those moving sidewalks are what scares me!

I think I might have been the wierdo on the subway though... [​IMG]

10. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

We lived in Phoenix for 6 years and now live on a rural, gravel road in western Pennsylvania with no neighbors within 2 miles. No cable TV or land line, everything has to be satellite or cellular. No winter maintenance on the road, maybe 5 or 6 cars pass a day. Very secluded. Very QUIET, except for the roosters. [​IMG]

I hate the bustle and noise and SMELL of the city, but do miss the amenities. I miss the huge selection of restaurants and places to shop, but I wouldn't trade my house in the middle of nowhere for anything.

These days, I need an Ativan just to deal with Wal-mart. Must be getting old, LOL.

Blessings-
    Em

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by