1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I nearly had a heart attack this morning...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BirdNut, Jan 18, 2011.

1. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    This morning, I was walking around the yard, for about thirty minutes straight, calling for my little Amber. I was sure by now, she'd probably been taken by the hawk that just moved in the neighborhood. I called louder, my voice was trembling slightly, I felt guilty for not doing a head count this morning. I reported the incident to my family, and all of us went out to do further investigation. After a few more minutes, "Over here! Over here!" called my brother, my eyes grew wide as I came over. There she was, wedged between the privacy fence and the shed! She had herself in there so tightly that she couldn't get out on her own. We worked her out by reaching the wooden end of a shovel to reach her, pushed her toward us, then did the rest with our hands. She sure wasn't happy with my brother after that, but boy am I glad she's alive...

2. jason389

jason389 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2010
    PBC
    Nice to here a happy ending!!

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Something chased her into the spot. When i have found my chickens in a tight spot like that I know that my Nasty little dogs have chased them. I am so happy that you found her.

4. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    I am glad for a happy ending, but you are right...something chased her in there....

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats great she's okay! [​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Keep her safe!

7. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Poor little chicken,..
    Whew! glad she's OK,. it's good to have one of these "missing" stories with a happy ending! [​IMG]

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm so glad you found her safely and were able to rescue her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by