I nearly had an instant heart attack! We lost a bunny

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by stone_family3, Sep 20, 2011.

1. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Okay so we found it. We were keeping rabbit and bunnies in the laundry room and one crawled out of the nesting box (a cat carrier) and managed to get past the barriers and all the way behind the deep freezer. I thought the baby was dead, when I picked it up I must have scared it awake and it started squirming and trying to suckle. So I put it back with the bunch and put mama in there with them and they are all doing great.

Man oh man these bunnies might just be the death of me. [​IMG]

Edited title

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    [​IMG]

Glad you found the little traveler!

That reminded me of an incident many years ago with my German Shepherd and her puppies. The pups were about 4 weeks old, little fat roly-polys and they were living on the screened in back porch of the rent house I lived in. I took their mother, Virgo out to the park for a break from the pups and when we came home, NO PUPPIES!!!! I freaked! I thought they HAD to have been stolen. I was about to call the police and report it when I heard a little whine. Started listening, looking and found that there was a little hole in the floor where a washer/dryer had been once upon a time. This is SMALL hole mind you. I listen and hear more whining. Down to the basement I go, to find all seven pups. This was one the those oooold houses, built in the 30's, with a full basement. Around the edges of the basement was several feet of dirt about chest high. Luckily, none had fallen from the dirt part to the concrete floor. I still wonder... why not one pup? 3 pups, maybe, but not ALL of them??? It had to be a pretty good squirm to get through that hole. Sure wish I had a video of those buggers going down that hole one by one!

3. stone_family3

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    LOL, sometimes it makes you wonder. I'm so glad they all didn't follow the baby. They're only four days old so I honestly didn't expect them to move much, let alone out of the box.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh my. You need to rephrase the title. Rabbits DO have heart attacks and I thought one did and you lost it. To death.

5. mom2jedi

mom2jedi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:That's what I thought at first too Debi!

6. stone_family3

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Lol sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by