1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need a 3-6 chicken coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chickenrandomness, Jan 18, 2010.

1. in april, i'm getting my first chickens! but i need a small inexpensive coop(plans)! i've cheked everywhere! MPC, the coops on Backyardchickens.com. and converting kids' playhouses are too expensive, even on craigs list! i needs some coop plans that will be $250 maximum to build, please help!

2. PLEEEESSSSSEEEE help! ineedit!

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

4. thanks for the support, but its just a bit to big. sorry. [​IMG]

5. bubblebean11

bubblebean11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    20 min N of Denver
    We are building another house right now that is 4x6x4 and I am taking pics at every stage. I will try to get the info to you as I can. you will want to do the roof different than ours because we have a pile of trusses that we are going to use. It wont be hard to change the roof though. And I would think you could make it for under $250 pretty easy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  6. Quote:hmm, thats interesting. dose it need chicken wire? if so, how tall dose it need to be? i only have about a whole coil of 24in. tall and i need the remaining money i have for baby chicks i'm getting in april.

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Go to doghouse.com and pick out one of their 85 dollar dog houses. I have 2.

8. bubblebean11

bubblebean11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    20 min N of Denver
    The house itself will not require wire but the yard of it will. You can make a circle pen around the house. I will make a list of material and will figure the cost. We are building the house to go in a big pen. Not a covered yard for now. But you can do the yard however you want after the house is done.

9. can you share some pics?

10. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:That would work if you're in a warmer weather area...not sure how a doghouse set-up would work if you're in an area that gets really cold winters...??? How many chickens are you getting??? That will determine the size of coop you need...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by