1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

i need a bigger scale!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Oct 29, 2007.

1. My Penny has laid a few double yolkers, seems like every week and a half she pops one out. But this one takes the cake! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is next to a store bought Extra Large AA egg:

[​IMG]

And here it is sitting in the carton with a couple of those extra large double AA's:

[​IMG]

i think i need a bigger scale!

2. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Songster

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Wow! [​IMG]

Are you sure she isn't a duck??!!! [​IMG]

3. *chuckle* i don't think so, here she is:

[​IMG]

4. OMG I must have that scale! it is awesome. Oh, and the egg rocks as well.[​IMG]

5. E-Bay! i saw someone else on this site had one so i had to get one. They are very accurate. My elder sister remembers my grandmother had one similar.

And, that egg feels like a rock!

6. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Songster

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    THAT SCALE IS NEAT i WANT ONE!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Crowing Premium Member

Poor Penny! [​IMG]

8. Do a search for Jiffy Way Egg Scale on ebay. i've seen them in red, dark green, light green, and orange.

9. Quote:i know! i'm worried if her eggs get any bigger her butt is going to blow up.

10. Rocket Raley

Rocket Raley Songster

Jul 6, 2007
    Have you cracked it yet? Is it a double or triple? I get 2-3 doubles a week. Yesterday, I put a sawing tape mesure around it and it was 6 inches round. It made me hurt thinking about it.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: