I need a chicken diaper!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenPeep, Feb 29, 2012.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hello!

I need a chicken diaper!
    My favorite chicken is a americauna- silkie cross named Ebony. I got a chicken diaper yesterday. However, it doesn't fit (too small) and is very hard to get on. We are planning on returning it and getting a new one, and I'm trying to decide on which one to get. I was looking at the Hen Holster diaper, and I think that one sounds good, but I'd like to know what you think.
    Do any of you have the Hen Holster diaper?
    If not, do you have a good diaper?
    If so, do you like it?

2. I GREW OUT OF DIA[ERS A LOOONNGGG TIME AGO...

3. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG]
    Well, that's not exatly the kind of diaper I had in mind....

4. for a diaper- this might work- grab some small shorts, poke a hole for tail, sew the feet holes closer so they aren't as loose on her, then tape the cushy part on, say toilet paper, so her "droppings" can get absorbed, and all you have to do to change it would be retape some more toilet paper!

5. i think i need to copyright that idea! that was genius!!![​IMG]

6. 18Hens

18Hens New Egg

Mar 2, 2012
    We recently ordered one from mypetchicken.com because my son has been pestering me to let Mildred(his favorite) come in and watch Toy Story with him. How could any mother say no to that? It was a success. Order BIG!

7. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    That's where we got ours. It didn't fit, and was around $26! I don't think we'll be getting another one of those.
    But, thanks for the reply!

8. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas

[​IMG]

9. waryyear950

waryyear950 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
    Louises country closet will custom fit one for you and there easy to put on .There also a lot cheaper!

10. ChickenWifey

ChickenWifey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Statesville, NC
    I totally reccomend her. She is a friend and she sells them for 8.00 each I think, but they are very well made, lots of different colors and patterns to choose from

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by